Nice to see you
again. As I said here is the second and last part
about my adventure in Lorraine! If you can’t see France, I’ll
bring it to you.
So today, I’ll
take you to Sion for the first part, and then we’ll go together to
Haroué!
Sion, no, it’s not
a city in Switzerland nor a biblical location even if it’s a
religious place.
What is this? This is a hill. This hill is located in the south of the department Meurthe et Moselle, around 35 km from Nancy. The hill has her own history, from the Neolithic to modern era via the middle age.
What is this? This is a hill. This hill is located in the south of the department Meurthe et Moselle, around 35 km from Nancy. The hill has her own history, from the Neolithic to modern era via the middle age.
My first task was to climb a few kilometers long sloping road, but thanks to the car it’s quite easy. Then, I stopped to the parking of the village. It is very small, around ten houses but the showstopper is definitely the fantastic Basilica Notre Dame de Sion. A huge Basilica with a massive statue of Marie at the top which is protecting Lorraine. But something else was waiting me, after a little walk around the religious complex I arrived to a little point of view where you can see what is called “Saintois” this part of the Meurthe et Moselle. The panorama is breathtaking, even more when a beautiful blue clear sky allows you to see even further. It is also said that you can see the Alps from the other side of the hill, but I hadn’t the chance to confirm that. To conclude this awesome trip in one of the must to see in this department, I saw one of the best sunset in my life.


No comments:
Post a Comment