Friday, 25 November 2016

Mary Ainsworth's experiment




Yesterday I was on the University of Social Sciences and Humanities. I participated in the lecture untitled: „How do we create the relations and why is it so difficult?” It was one of the lecture from the cycle : The Zone Psyche which has place one time per month. It was guided by two psychologists. I loved this talk and I'm sure that I will return there in December. Today I will present you one part of this lecture.
First of all, I found out about an experiment of Mary Ainsworth who made some of the most interesting research on attachment among children in the age of 14 moths. The study consisted in the fact that the child and his mother came to his estranged room, which was a lot of interesting toys appropriate for his age. After adapting the child to the new situation, to the room where the child resided with his mother, an unfamiliar woman entered. Then, mother had to leave the room and the toddler was left with a stranger. After some time the mother returned to the room. Child's behavior was observated: his way of exploration areas and toys after coming to study his reaction to the appearance of a stranger, then reacting to leave the room by his mother, and finally reaction to the mothers back.
In my next post I will present you the conclusion of that experiment.
You can also watch a video from that experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment