Friday, 5 May 2017

Five Days Left II

As I promised one week ago, I will tell you about another story in the book "Five Days left". It will be about a friend of Mara, who has the Huntington disease. They have never met, they do not know how the other looks like, they know each other only from messages, because they are chatting on the forum for adoptive parents. You must know that Mara adopted a girl and Scott, the second main character, who is a middle school teacher, is also a foster parent of a little boy. Her mother is in jail and her brother is not mature so Scott and his wife take care of the boy who is troubled. The story in the book starts at the moment when there are five days left (that is why the title of the book) to the end of the sentence of the biological mother.
Scott loved Curtis and it is extremely difficult for him to leave the child after one year. His wife is rather happy, she is pregnant and she wants to be calm. But Scott seems not occupy by his biological baby, he is thinking just about Curtis, so I agree with his wife who is nervous because of that.
We know that life is unpredictable. When the mother of Curtis came out of the jail, she overdosed drugs and she died. Now Scott and Laurie have to face a big choice: adopt Curtis or not. Laurie is opposed, Scott dreams about it. I will not reveal the end :)
The story of this family lets to think about the big choices in life concerning marriage, parenthood, if a child should come back to the biological mother even if she is very bad.

I loved this book and I will search other books of Julie Lawson Timmer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment