This
week I participated on the next lecture named „The Zone Psyche”
on
the University of Social Sciences and Humanities.
This time it was about emotions.I
knew the theory of emotion regulation according to which there are 5
ways to deal with your emotions, in particular with negative
ones. Imagine that you are in a room and you have to meet a
person which you don't like.a)
you can avoid this person and don't go to the second roomb)
you can modify the situation, for example you can tell this person
that he partsc)
you can spread attention, you don't have contact with this person,
you don't talk to, you don't interact but it is not pleasant for
youd)
you can try to change the opinion about this person, you can
reinterprete the situation and tell you that maybe she is not so bad
and you can take it, this situation demands a lot of emotional efforte)
you can hold your reaction back, it means that you can't stand this
person but you are talking to her, you smile and you pretend that
everything is good, obviously, in this case your emotional effort is
the biggest and this type of situation hurts youThis
approach is represented by Gross and Thomas and I agree with it.

I agree with it too ;) These examples of behaviour are absolutely true ;)
ReplyDelete