Due
to Christmas I’d like to tell you something about Christmas tradition in France.
You will see that this is a little bit different than in Poland. However there
are a lot of things in common. For French people as for Polish people, Christmas
is the most important celebration, it is the celebration of family. The 24th of
December, in general everything is already prepared. Before to go to sleep some
children hang Christmas stockings on the fireplace. Santa Claus will put the sweets
there, otherwise children will find their gifts under the Christmas tree the 25
th of December because in general French people don’t have Christmas dinner
which is throughrouly celebrated in Poland. Consequently, they don’t share
wafer. But some of them go to the Midnight Mass to celebrate the birth od
Jesus. But in France there aren’t many Catholic people so it’s not very common,
It’s a shame because this tradition is beautiful and it changes a lot the meaning
of Christmas which is not only the gifts and the meetings with family. We have
to mention what is the reason for which we celebrate it.
It’s
25th of December when family meets, they eat a big dinner and they drink a lot
of wine. The most traditional dishes are : turkey, seafood, foie gras,
salmon and, for dessert, the cake named ‘bûche’ which resembles a stump.
I
think that I’d like to spend Christmas in France just to see all these
traditions under my eyes but I prefer our Christmas in Poland.

I prefer polish traditions too :) I think that Christmas are something more that only presents and even if we have a lot of work before the Christmas dinner on 24th it's absolutely worth it! :)
ReplyDelete